Student Council Home Page
Welcome to the Newman Student Council page. Please keep an eye on this page for some of the fantastic work done by the members of the student council.
The Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson and Safety Officer are on the School's homepage.
Newman School Student Council is an active part of Newman School with the aim of making school better for all pupils. They usually have meetings every two weeks where they share ideas from themselves, and from other pupils around school.
Newman School Student Council has recently elected a new Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson. Each pupil had a manifesto that was presented to the rest of the school during a special assembly.
The student council raises funds for some of the projects that they feel are important.
Newman School Student Council welcomes all pupils to attend meetings and look forward to meeting new members.
Current Projects September 2016 onwards
Elect new chairperson - Completed September 2016, Millie chairperson and Sarah deputy.
Set aims/goals for the year - to be completed September/October
Past November 2015 - July 2016
Elect a new student council chairperson and deputy chairperson. Completed - Sarah S and Millie B elected. January, 2016
Raise funds for student council projects. Completed - Helped to raise money for 'Herd of Sheffield Project'. March, 2016
Try to get more trips for pupils.
Get a new student council group photo.
Update the student council board. Completed - New board with photos and date of next meeting in place. January, 2016
Signs arund school. Underway, members of Student Council have been meeting with Mr Goodchild to develop a way of directing pupils around school and naming the classrooms. May, 2016
Past Projects November 2014 - July 2015
- To get some new outdoor break equipment. Student Council has had a donation of £148 + money raised by Lee and Dec over Christmas.
- Build the outdoor bench. This should be finished at the start of February, thanks you Mr License and KS5C.
- To raise the profile of student council in Juniors.
- To have more house challenges.
- To discuss and get ideas for a system of signs/directions to help people find their way around school.
Past Projects (2013-2014)
- To elect a new chair person. Completed, Matt B is the new chair person.
- To raise the profile of student council in Juniors. More work to do here!
- Get a new bench and table for outside. Bought, needs to be built.
- To discuss and get ideas for a system of signs/directions to help people find their way around school. More work to do here!
Past Projects (2012-2013)
- The student council have successfully ordered and are currently using a large range of new sporting equipment at lunch times. Great work!
- The Student Council have a new suggestion box to gather ideas from all the pupils throughout school. Completed, now student council members need to let people know it is there!
- Student Council is currently looking at sourcing some height adjustable basketball nets, so everyone can join in games regardless of how high they can throw the ball! Completed - with extra inclusive equipment ordered too!
- Student Council have looked at acquiring a table football. The members of the Student Council feel that this would be a great activity for breaks and lunchtimes, being able to be accessed by both ambulant and non-ambulant pupils. The members of the Student Council have looked at both indoor and outdoor versions of football tables. Completed - well done!